Hop, Shop and Win Contest
Saturday, November 3 (12:01 a.m.) to Saturday, November 24, (11:59 p.m.)
Presented by Milwaukee Downtown, Inc.
1. VOID OUTSIDE WISCONSIN.
2. Contest Overview: The Hop is sponsoring a Contest for shoppers to support businesses along and near the streetcar route (“Contest”). This Contest is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”). One grand prize winner, one second prize and one third prize winner will be selected under the criteria specified in these Official Rules. All interpretations of the Official Rules and decisions relating to the Contest made by Milwaukee Downtown, Inc. are final.
3. Registration Period: Contest purchase period commences at 12:01 AM ET on November 3, 2018 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on November 24, 2018. (“Registration Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on November 24, 2018 by electronic entry or by delivering entries to 641 W. National Ave, Milwaukee, WI, 53204 by 4:30 p.m.
4. Eligibility: The Contest is open to anyone making a purchase at any business in the 53202 or 53203 zip code who are 18 years or older at the time of entry during the Registration Period (“Participants”). Participants need not make a purchase at a Registered Retailer to win. Milwaukee Downtown, Inc. and subcontractors are not eligible to enter or win the Contest.
5. Rules: Any receipt from any purchase made at 12:01AM ET on November 3, 2018 through 11:59 PM ET on November 24, 2018, can be entered to win. An eligible business is defined for this program as an operated, legal, brick and mortar business in the 53202 or 53203 zip code. There is no minimum dollar amount of a purchase during 12:01AM ET, November 3, 2018 through 11:59 PM ET on November 24, 2018, from an eligible business to participate. Multiple entries can be submitted by Participants, but each entry is restricted to one receipt per entry which must be separate and distinct purchases from their other entries submitted. The odds of winning depend on the number of completed entries. No purchase from the Milwaukee Downtown, Inc. is necessary.
6. Participation: By participating in this Contest, Participants: (1) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Milwaukee Downtown, Inc. and by the decisions of Milwaukee Downtown, Inc.; and (2) agree to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, and the Official Rules. By participating in this Contest, Participants also agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and release the Milwaukee Downtown, Inc., and any entity involved in the creation, operation, or fulfillment of the Contest and their respective agents, employees, elected officials, officers, directors, successors and assigns from and against all claims, injuries, or damages arising out of or relating to participation in the Contest; the use, misuse, or redemption of the prizes; and for any claim, including claims based on defamation, publicity rights, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
7. To Enter: Participants must either complete the 2018 Hop, Shop and Win registration form online in which they are required to provide their first and last name; email address; phone number; the store name at which they made their purchase on November 24, 2018; the dollar amount spent on the subject purchase; the community in which the purchase was made; take a photo of the subject receipt and attach the photo to the form; and submit the form. Hard copy forms may be obtained on the website or at 641 W. National Ave., Milwaukee, WI, 53204 and must be submitted by delivery to 641 W. National Ave., Milwaukee, WI, 53204 through November 27, 2018 by 4:30 p.m.
8. Prizes: There will be one grand prize winner, one second place winner and one third place winner selected from the completed forms submitted (collectively called “Winners”) and one registered business owner that has successfully completed the Registered Retailer Form online.
The grand prize winner will be awarded a check in the amount of $1,000.
The second place prize winner will be awarded a check in the amount of $500.
The third place prize winner will be awarded a check for $250.
Milwaukee Downtown, Inc. reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value and to award additional prizes to other Participants other than the Winners. All applicable taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules, are solely the Winners’ responsibility. Prior to receiving any prize amount, Winners must complete all required tax forms.
9. Selection and Notification: The Winners will be selected from all of the eligible entries on November 27, 2018. Milwaukee Downtown, Inc. reserves the right to select alternative Winners if any potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules. The Winners will be notified by November 27, 2018 via contact information provided and will be asked to provide their home address, and phone number. Every attempt will be made to contact the Winners. Winners, who do not reply by 5:00 p.m. on December 3, 2019, will forfeit their prize. Prizes will be awarded during a check presentation the week of December 10, 2018 at the City of Milwaukee City Hall or other designated location, with Winners using their best efforts to attend the check presentation. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by Winners. Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
Submission of an entry grants Milwaukee Downtown, Inc. the right, except where prohibited by law, to use the Participants name, likeness, picture, address (city and state only), voice, biographical information and written or oral statements, for promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing Milwaukee Downtown, Inc. and its products or services, without compensation unless required by law.
10. Winner Verification: The potential Winners must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age, residence and identity, which may include submitting a copy of a birth certificate, driver’s license, passport or similar government issued identification within three (3) days of being notified as a potential Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner, such potential Winner, shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as the Winner shall be terminated and an alternative potential Winner may, in Milwaukee Downtown, Inc. sole discretion, be chosen from among all of the remaining eligible entries received. To be eligible to be declared a Winner and to receive a prize, the potential Winner(s) must sign, within five (5) days of receipt, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release releasing the Milwaukee Downtown, Inc. from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action relating to participating in this Contest; and granting Milwaukee Downtown, Inc. the right to use potential Winner’s name, picture and/or likeness, or biographical information for publicity purposes, in any media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation or consideration or notification. Milwaukee Downtown, Inc. expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for any reason Milwaukee Downtown, Inc. deems necessary.
All information provided by Participants may be subject to disclosure under the Wisconsin Freedom of Information Act, Court Order, or other rule of law.
By submitting an entry in this Contest, Participant represents that (1) he or she has the right to submit the entry; (2) all persons whose name or likeness appear in the entry have unconditionally consented, in writing, to allow their name or likeness in the entry, a copy of such writing will be furnished to Milwaukee Downtown, Inc. upon request; (3) the entry does not infringe upon any third party’s proprietary or other rights.
12. Requests for Names of Winners and Rules: For the name of the Winners and/or a copy of the Official Rules check the website at thehopmke.com or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
641 W. National Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53204
13. Presented by: This Contest is sponsored by the Milwaukee Downtown, Inc